Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Continuing Erosion (first post on my other blog)

I.... Have been virulently anti-censorship since a certain "expert" on video game violence threatened to "crack my skull open"  online back in 1999, right after the columbine school massacre. I was on a forum, expressing my displeasure at how the media was lying about the nature of video games, especially Doom, a Game I've literally grown up with.

Also Being a brutal death metal nut, and a fan of all metal but metalcore, and Nu Metal, I end up hearing various ill formed stereotypes of us Metalheads being satanists, and worse... And babbling about a "global satanic cult" that is deeply routed in the metal community. Of course all of that is BS... And in later posts I will be debunking many of the claims I have heard...
But that's partly, what this blog is about.. Debunking claims made about violent games and metal, from the moronic ones that are obvious fabrications (doom will become reality hoax I debunked on my old blog on wordpress on the subject), to the almost believable claims that claim to have solid scientific evidence behind them.... But are still BS deep down inside... I am here to tell the people who don't know the truth the real facts behind the debacles effecting my 2 favorite forms of entertainment around today.

Now... I do my best to back up my statements, I need to. Many of my opponents outright refuse to do some real research to back up their claims... They just make a bunch of ridiculous claims and many times don't even back them up.. But...  I am not a newspaper writer, just a person who has researched these claims by doing various google searches on them for eons. I am not a professional and never will be. This blog may be somewhat immature... But that's my nature... Not that it will be swear-ridden rants every post.... But I am just saying I don't really give a crap if it's badly written...
The articles I post are in 2 categories... The first is new material found online that I am writing about brand new... The second is Material recycled from an offline version of my old blog on the subject... Due to me posting an article on a reddit.com and getting trolled by a bunch of conservative supporting idiots there I had to take down the blog... Why? Because one of the articles called a major anti-gaming/pro family group "nutjobs"... And they are... But due to all the Libel lawsuits I keep reading about being thrown against bloggers (WTF!)... I decided to shut it down...

Ok... On to the first claim I will debunk... The Doom will become reality hoax... This phrase, supposedly put on Eric Harris's AOL Site before Columbine is used to link the massacre to violent games by dozens of idiot violence "experts" and parental/religious groups, all attacking the industry... A google search here shows how widespread the citing of this "claim" are...
However... He never even said this.. It's a blatant hoax... And Acolumbinesite.com proved it here... But I will show you it myself...

The Doom will become reality quote there seems to make it look like Doom influenced the Columbine shooters. Maybe it did.. But this is an Obvious Hoax...

According to this the AOL page in question in the first screenshot (that is cited by dozens of anti-violence in games groups) is just a hoax, proven by the FBI... Because It was set up after April 20, 1999. Now who would gain from this hoax... That topic is for another article... But you can see the nonsense behind the scenes in the anti-violence in media world, and how idiotic it can be...